Friday, September 26, 2008

Agony of a Monk





This Monday, we had the model Zak dressed up as a Franciscan monk. We have only 2 sessions on this pose. So, I quickly drew in charcoal a gesture and a head. I want to make a painting on canvas. I need these drawings to put a block-out painting together for the next session. I came back and started working on several composition ideas in computer using Artrage. I also worked on some ideas of manipulating the expression of the model. Here is one version which I may use in the final painting. Zak graciously promised me that I can take a picture of him next time. That definitely will help for the painting.

I am still not sure the calibration of the color on my computer screen is correct. You may not see the color that I see on my screen. That may be one of the problems of digital art. There are too many knobs to turn. And each person turns them differently on their equipment.

No comments: