Monday, July 28, 2008

A Freudian (Lucian) Pose



Continue going to these 3-hour studio sessions trying to get back on track in my painting activities. I decided to draw this time. Using charcoal, I can get a little bit more detail in within the short time given. Just happened that this model poses in a frontal position. It is not as "in-your-face" kind of confronting pose as in some of Lucian Freud's pictures. But it definitely will be banned from the wall of Mercer Island Community Center here in Seattle area!! There was this young lady setting up her easel next to me drawing life size on a 5 ft tall paper. She is a very good artist. It is interesting that her drawing is an assertive and strong old man, and mine is this questioning and somewhat resigned senior citizen. I thought I drew what I saw. I suppose that different people do see the same subject differently.

No comments: